[p4] Better java api

Jamie.Echlin at barclayscapital.com Jamie.Echlin at barclayscapital.com
Tue Nov 25 05:12:18 PST 2008

Afternoon,

Any improvement on the current java API? I am looking for something that
will return me a sensible data structure for any subcommand that I run.
Such as, for "depots", an array of hashes. Something like the p4.net
api, if I run:

change = P4.Run("change", "-o", changeList.ToString()).Records[0];

I can easily get the description:

changeDesc = change.Fields["Description"];

This will contine working presumably as further p4 subcommands are
added. With the current java API I would need to add a class
representing whatever I was expecting back, and also handle parsing the
output with fragile string manipulation techniques.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Jamie Echlin
Head of Development Tools Engineering
Barclays Capital, 10 The South Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 4PU.
* Direct : +44 (0) 20 7773 4187 * jamie.echlin at barclayscapital.com

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.