[p4] very basic problem starting p4d

Mark Tigges mtigges at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 21:24:19 PST 2008

I'm trying to set up p4 for personal home use.  I downloaded the cl
client and p4d, and have had very little luck.  Here's what I'm trying
to do:

bash-3.1$ /synology/sw/p4/bin/p4d -d -r /synology/sw/p4/root -J
/var/log/p4-journal
Perforce server error:
        Database open error on db.counters!
        BTree is corrupt!
        lock: : No locks available

I've gone through the docs about how to set up a new root / depot, but
have found nothing.  Following the directions at

http://www.perforce.com/perforce/doc.081/manuals/p4sag/01_install.html#1063149

yielded the above error.

I'm kind of at a loss, but I also think there must be something
simple. And yes /synology/sw/p4/root is rwx for the user.

Thanks for any help,

Mark.