[p4] Need help in checking out files through command line.

Adil Karampurwala adilk at cybage.com
Thu Nov 27 05:15:59 PST 2008

Hi,

         Output of "p4 info"

F:\Test>p4 info

User name: adilk

Client name: adilk

Client host: adilk

Client root: E:\Cybage\Perforce\Test_ws

Current directory: f:\Test

Client address: 127.0.0.1:2077

Server address: localhost:1666

Server root: C:\Program Files\Perforce

Server date: 2008/11/27 18:39:30 +0530 India Standard Time

Server uptime: 32:18:58

Server version: P4D/NTX86/2008.1/168182 (2008/10/10)

Server license: none

My workstation is
" E:\Perforce\Test_ws"

 I want to check out file in the "F:\Test" directory. I ran

"F:\Test>p4 sync -f //depot/..."

And output was

//depot/Test/Perforce measurements.xls#2 - refreshing
E:\Cybage\Perforce\Test_ws\Test\Perforce measurements.xls

But file was not checked out in that directory.

Plz help me checking out the file.

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com