[p4] Need help in checking out files through command line.

Jamie.Echlin at barclayscapital.com Jamie.Echlin at barclayscapital.com
Thu Nov 27 08:12:22 PST 2008

If Adil comes from the subversion world this question makes more sense,
as "check out" means "p4 sync" not open/edit.

If you're trying to get a file to the directory you're in, it doesn't
work like that, you can p4 print -q it and redirect the output to any
file. If you have a load of files look at the setting for your workspace
root.

Cheers, jamie

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.