[p4] Need help in checking out files through command line. (OT Slightly)

Stephen Vance steve at vance.com
Thu Nov 27 19:17:54 PST 2008

There are several Perforce commands that don't require a client. It all
depends on what you want to accomplish. For example, the 'tag' command
lets you deal with tags without a client. Things like 'filelog',
'changes', 'print' and others also don't require a client.

Branching isn't tag based and the branch has to be submitted in a
changelist, so it requires a client. The use of a chagelist of of local
files are the two factors that require a client.

Steve

--
Stephen Vance
www.vance.com