[p4] Need help in checking out files through command line. (OT Slightly)

Listman listman at burble.net
Fri Nov 28 22:23:39 PST 2008

On Nov 27, 2008, at 7:17 PM- Nov 27, 2008, Stephen Vance wrote:

> Branching isn't tag based and the branch has to be submitted in a
> changelist, so it requires a client. The use of a chagelist of of
> local files are the two factors that require a client.

That still sounds strange to me. I'm copying some part of my trunk to
a new branch location in the depot. I've nothing to checkin, nothing
to merge, I have no dependencies on my local workspace - It seems to
me that i should be able to do this without a client.

What about labels, do these also need a client?