[p4] Perforce Administrator Position Available - Boston Area
steve at vance.com
Thu Oct 30 17:22:39 PDT 2008
The MathWorks, Inc. is looking for a Perforce Manager/Administrator at
their Natick, MA office, about 20 miles west of Boston. The position
posting can be found at
and is copied below for your convenience. If we have collaborated in the
past, you may contact me for a referral. If not or if you prefer, you
can apply directly from the online posting.
Senior Team Lead, Tools Group @ The MathWorks, Inc.
None to Minimal
Area of Interest:
Work as part of a small dynamic team responsible for a highly automated
facility that supports building, testing, and releasing all MathWorks
products. Responsibilities will involve working closely with the Build &
Test team to provide Perforce services and support as well as helping to
apply SCM best practices to improve our software development workflows.
• Establishing Perforce reliability and uptime requirements and making
sure that our processes, policies, procedures, and equipment are in
alignment with them
• Evolve and enhance internal Perforce training and support strategy
(classes, documentation, consulting, off-hour assistance, escalation, etc.)
• Support Development organization in development and roll-out of policies
• Participate in cross functional discussions regarding Perforce adoption
• Oversee requirements, planning, acquisition and deployment of server
hardware and software (OS, Perforce, storage system) upgrades
• Work closely with and coordinate activities with the IAT Team
• Share server and end-user support duties
• BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant technical field.
• At least 5 years relevant experience in a large software development
organization working with multiple products with simultaneous parallel
work on multiple releases.
• Certification in Perforce Administration (PCP), or progress in
• Familiar with Configuration Management Systems and source code control
• Understands automated building, configuration, and software release issues
• Experience in the area of software product-release.
• PERL programming and debugging skills.
• Working knowledge of multiple platforms, including different flavors
of UNIX and Windows.
• Independent learner and self-directed, takes initiative while working
within a team context.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and balance
priorities with good time management.
• Have the ability and willingness to take on (informal) leadership roles.
• Excellent coordination and planning skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
More information about the perforce-user