[p4] Integration preview

Rainey, Mark (Cleveland) Mark_Rainey at intuit.com
Mon Aug 10 10:20:43 PDT 2009

I am running the preview for integrations to figure out who hasn't
integrated their work from one branch to another.  There are cases where
an integrate should not happen but I still want the changes off of the
preview.  For example I am previewing the integration from //branch1 to
//branch2.  I delete 3 files on //branch1 but those 3 files should exist
on //branch2.  When I run the preview they show up as needing to be
integrated.  Usually if the file exist on both branches I resolve and
say accept yours/target which effectively ignores the merge but creates
the merge record.  But when files are added or deleted you can't
resolve.  So how do I get them off of the preview?

My only thought would be to go ahead with the add or delete on //branch2
and then go on branch2 and back out/rollback that change.  Just
wondering if there is a better solution (and doesn't include putting
specific files in the branch spec).

Thank you,

Mark Rainey

Sr. Software Configuration Engineer