[p4] Copying files and metadata from one server to another

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Aug 10 22:33:54 PDT 2009

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Pankaj Goyal <pankajg at adobe.com> wrote:
> I have some directories and files in perforce server say "ABC". Now
> I want to copy all the directories and files from perforce server
> "ABC" to another perforce server "XYZ". During this process I also
> want to copy the metadata of the files, specially the version
> history and all.
>
> Is there any command available on perforce to do this intelligent
> copy of files ? Any method/script to do similar task will be highly
> appreciated.

Is XYZ an existing server, or not?  If XYZ does not yet exist, you
might consider

     <http://kb.perforce.com/AdminTasks/SuperuserTasks/ArchivingDep..tentOffLine>
     Archiving Depot Content Off-line
     The depot "copy and obliterate" method
     Article #: 300

If XYZ does exist already, then I'm afraid I'm not experienced enough
to know.  support at perforce.com ?

Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com