[p4] Is there a way to audit a workspace?

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Aug 17 08:33:30 PDT 2009

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, Roy Smith <smith_roy at emc.com> wrote:
> Is there some way to have p4 audit the files on disk and confirm
> that what's there is what's supposed to be there, without actually
> deleting and re-creating every file?

Um, "p4 diff -f"?

     The -f flag forces a diff for every file, regardless of whether
     they are opened or if the client has the named revision.  This can
     be used to verify the client contents.

(Personally, I prefer the "nuke the entire tree from orbit, it's the
only way to be sure" approach, but we don't do incremental builds and
rarely do more than 2 per day.)

Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com