[p4] [P4] Remaking a branch.

Paul-Marc Bougharios paulmarc.bougharios at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 14:26:07 PDT 2009

Hi Justin,

I think that after deleting the whole branch, the only "haunting" issue you
might encounter is with future integrations.
But I don't think your codeline will have any "past" changes, affecting your
current branch.

The issue with integration is that first, to re-integrate the branch, you
have to bypass the delete revision [integrate -d].
Then, in subsequent integration, you will be needing the (-d) argument to
delete obsolete files, and re-add "undeleted" ones.

The only problem I see here is the need to always integrate around delete
revisions.

May I ask why you wouldn't consider obliterating the branch?

Cheers,
Paul-Marc Bougharios