[p4] P4D in Unicode mode

Schlueter, Michael Michael.Schlueter at secunet.com
Fri Aug 21 07:24:38 PDT 2009

Hi all,
every now and then we encounter problems with file names and change list descriptions containing non-ascii character (mainly German umlaut).
Because of this I'm planning to switch our Perforce server into Unicode mode for quite a while now. But so far I was not brave enough to do this with our live system.
Since there's no way back, I'm a bit scared that this will mess up our system in a non-obvious way which I may not detect in my test environment.
Despite from the information in the knowledge base, does anyone have practical experiences with the Perforce server in Unicode mode?
Is this mode used widely?

Best regards
Michael