[p4] Restoring Versioned Files on a Windows XP Install of Perforce

Gabor Maghera gmaghera at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 13:16:15 PDT 2009

You are to back versioned files up the old fashioned way, by writing them to
tape, etc.  Once you restore metadata from a checkpoint and possibly a
journal, place the versioned files to where your depots expect them (run "p4
depot <depot_name>) to figure that part out.  If you've lost your versioned
files, you may be SOL.

Cheers,
Gabor