[p4] Doing an upgrade without -xu

Jamie.Echlin at barclayscapital.com Jamie.Echlin at barclayscapital.com
Wed Mar 4 05:08:41 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm upgrading the perforce server daemon, but I also want to rebuild the
database. I have tested this on windows but I'd like someone to
double-check if possible.

I'm going to take a checkpoint with p4d 7.3, then restore it with p4d
8.2.

Basically I want to confirm that the restore will have the same effect
as p4d -xu, and I won't need to do that step.

Cheers, jamie

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.