[p4] Can I switch users for submitted changelist

Paul Smith darktech at black-sphere.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 11:26:26 PST 2009

There are two possible cases here:

1. The changelist has already been submitted

   I just tried the "p4 change -f" as a superuser on my test depot,
   and it successfully changed the user.

   If this is what you want to do, I would recommend trying this
   in a test environment first (I'm always cautious when making
   changes to the past).

2. The changelist has not yet been submitted

   There are more issues if you are going to do this to an changelist
   that has not been submitted. Although the changelist may be in the
   right user's name, that user will also need to have the right
   files open for edit in the specified client workspace, with the
   changes in place, etc.

   If this is what you are trying to do, I recommend looking at
   Jeff Grills' P4tar scripts in the public depot:

      http://public.perforce.com/wiki/P4tar

Regards,

Paul