[p4] Has change propagated ?

G Barthelemy gb.perforce at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 11 06:51:33 PDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Robert Cowham <robert at vizim.com> wrote:
> For performance reasons I would run things like integrated/filelog/changes
> on a path with a wildcard and do local processing rather than looping on a
> 10,00 file changelist and doing 10,000 individual p4 commands...

I agree, however the 10,000 files in the changelist may not all be
accessible in one go with a wildcard. Or rather, they may, but then
the wildcard may also catch another 50,000 undesirable files. But
anyway the vast majority of changelists consists in a few files, often
not on the same path, so iterating over the content of the changelist
seems to me to be the best solution so far.

As for using "p4 filelog", this is no more useful than using "p4
integrated" as per my initial example. In fact, filelog accesses
almost twice as many tables and outputs almost twice as much data than
"p4 integrated" because filelog reports more than just integration
history. Maybe I would have opted for filelog if a revision range
could have been specified (@>change) but that's not the case.

I still stand by my original idea. Any more suggestions ? :-)

Guillaume