[p4] Has change propagated ?

Chuck Karish chuck.karish at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 09:26:18 PDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 6:51 AM, G Barthelemy
<gb.perforce at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Chuck Karish <chuck.karish at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is what "p4 filelog" is for.
>
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Robert Cowham <robert at vizim.com> wrote:
>> For performance reasons I would run things like integrated/filelog/changes
>> on a path with a wildcard and do local processing rather than looping on a
>> 10,00 file changelist and doing 10,000 individual p4 commands...
>
> I agree, however the 10,000 files in the changelist may not all be
> accessible in one go with a wildcard.

So run "p4 describe -s <changelist>", massage the filespecs to cover all
revisions from this changelist to #head, and feed them to "p4 -x - filelog".

> As for using "p4 filelog", this is no more useful than using "p4
> integrated" as per my initial example.

"p4 integrated" doesn't tell you whether every file in a changelist was
integrated to another branch.  That's one of the things you said you
wanted to find out.

--
Chuck Karish   karish at well.com   (415) 317-0182