[p4] VCP/RevML not available?

Barrie Slaymaker barries at slaysys.com
Wed Mar 25 14:44:35 PDT 2009

Steve,

That project was discontinued; it was predicated on the idea of an XML
schema to facilitate interchange between disparate SCMs, but it turns
out that there is no demand for such a format and that the additional
performance of converting to a neutral format while maintaining all of
the metadata is far higher than doing direct conversions between systems
(because the latter does not need to be general purpose). I'd recommend
using purpose-built utility; there are conversion utilities for almost
every possible conversion.

- Barrie