[p4] Spec depots?

Ed Mack Ed.Mack at Attachmate.com
Thu Mar 26 07:23:51 PDT 2009

Philip,
We have been using this since shortly after the feature was added.  I
don't use it much, but it has been valuable, when needed.  It is not
only helpful for restoring deleted clients, but for restoring views of
existing workspaces.  I haven't experienced any negatives, or gotchas
with the feature.

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: perforce-user-bounces at perforce.com
[mailto:perforce-user-bounces at perforce.com] On Behalf Of Philip Panyukov
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:05 AM
To: perforce-user at perforce.com
Subject: [p4] Spec depots?

Hello,

We are thinking of creating a spec depot since we had workspaces and
other things accidentally deleted in the past and those were very
difficult (and at times impossible) to restore.

What is the general view on these?  Does anyone use these?  Is it a good
idea, bad idea to have a spec depot?  Any gotchas?

Thank you,
Philip