[p4] Spec depots?

Smith, Jeff jsmith at medplus.com
Thu Mar 26 08:48:46 PDT 2009

My biggest problem with spec depots is when you have tools that create
automated throw-away clients.  It is possible to fill up the file system
the spec depot uses with too many link in the directory.  Even
obliterating the entries doesn't solve the problem.  You need to log
into the server and remove the directories by hand after the obliterate.
We are only on 2006.2 so I don't know if this has been addressed in more
recent releases.

Jeff