[p4] Spec depots?

Philip Panyukov ppanyukov at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 26 09:14:47 PDT 2009

Thanks everyone for sharing their experience.

A couple of more things before I go and create the depot (looks like
it's a good idea to have one):

1. Security restrictions on spec depot, as mentioned by Jeff Jensen.
Is it something we will want to do?  I understand that nobody can
submit changes to that depot directly so I'm not quite sure what we
will achieve by limiting access to that depot  only to admins.  Except
perhaps preventing people from going through protection tables in
attempt to find holes?

2. Filling up the file system problem, as described by Jeff (see
below). Is it a real problem?  We are on Windows and quick check of
NTFS file size limits states 4,294,967,295 files (Table 13-5 in
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/bb457112.aspx).  So surely
we should be OK for some time?

Thank you,
Philip