[p4] Spec depots?

Jamie.Echlin at barclayscapital.com Jamie.Echlin at barclayscapital.com
Fri Mar 27 03:15:22 PDT 2009

> OK, looks like it's time to go ahead with this.  As we don't
> have build robots which create 16000 throwaway workspaces per
> day, I think we should be fine from file system perspective.

You should just set it up front, imho. We got hit with this and it's not pleasant. The 32000 limit for directories applies to Linux as well as Solaris, it's an attribute of the ext3 (and maybe ext2) filesystem.

You can easily hit this if you use perforce jobs, particularly job integration with something like jira.

Just add:
text //spec/job/...

To your typemap...

Cheers, jamie

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.