[p4] Spec depots?

Matt Janulewicz matt.janulewicz at lucasfilm.com
Mon Mar 30 10:05:30 PDT 2009

Most of the labels we have are auto-generated by the build system and
have a certain lifespan. I don't think the total amount of labels grows
very fast, but we're talking tens of thousands of files getting labeled
for a build. In general our daily builds do not correspond nicely to
#head or a certain point in time (for the whole tree) so unfortunately
we can't normally use an automatic label.

I do archive labels now and again but most of those 5000+ labels have
been created within the past year.

We have in excess of 300 users, plus some service accounts that do
various builds. Most workspaces are semi-permanent, we don't
auto-generate hundreds per day. And as with the labels, I clear out old
workspaces now and again, especially for users who no longer work here.

-Matt