[p4] P4 admin position at Google
starwar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 14:21:20 PDT 2009
If you are interested you can send your resume to me.
The post is at http://www.google.com/support/jobs/bin/answer.py?answer=143447
The Descriptions and requirements are copied and pasted here:
The role: Perforce Administrator
This is your opportunity to leverage your skill at revision control
for Google's source code, which comprises a large body of software and
thousands of users. In this position, you will be responsible for
maintaining and enhancing our customized source code management (SCM)
- Commitment to support, including on-call rotation and ticket queue
ownership (approximately one week a month including weekends and
- Maintain the existing system and support existing users.
- Automate tasks such as user management and security controls.
- Interface with adjoined systems.
- Project responsibilities which vary according to interests and
availability. Some examples include build/tools software development,
hardware/platform evaluations, and dashboard/metrics.
- BS in Computer Science or other technical field or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in software engineering, revision
control, and/or software configuration management.
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Excellent knowledge of Python or Perl. Extensive experience with
automating and scripting complex tasks.
- Superb debugging, testing, and diagnostic skills.
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to work well with
developers, as well as non-engineering personnel.
- User level knowledge of the Perforce SCM system is preferred and
administrator knowledge is a plus.
More information about the perforce-user