[p4] Perforce proxy connection during perforce server downtime

Siddesh Bg siddesh_p4 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 02:07:21 PDT 2009

Hi,
Is there a way to access Perforce proxy server cache files, during corresponding Perforce server is down?
Even though files stored in proxy cache may be out-dated, but at least we expect read access to the proxy contents when server is down.
As of now if server is down, then we can't access anything from proxy, so no benefits from proxy in this situation. May be intent of proxy is different, but I am happy to know if there is a way to do this.

Thanks,
Siddesh