[p4] Getting email notfication from Perforce whenever there is a checkin to specified branch...

Michael Delaney mdelaney at upromise.com
Tue Aug 3 07:14:48 PDT 2010

  First you need to set up a review daemon
(http://public.perforce.com/wiki/P4Review) to poll for changes to your
Perforce server. Once you've got that running, add a review to your user
for the location(s) you wish to get notification from.

For example you could set the following if you wish to get reviews when
someone changes something that deals with the build process
User:   mdelaney
Email:  mdelaney at therebepirates.com
Reviews:
         //depot/trunk/build/...
         //depot/trunk/.../Makefile

If you wish to do this via the graphical way, in p4v if you edit the
user your connected as (Connections -> Edit current user; then click the
review tab) then you'll be able to set reviews by selecting locations
from a tree view (much like the tree view when editing a client spec).

Hope that helps.