[p4] p4 and p4d segfaulting on CentOS i686

Japhet Stevens japhet_s at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 12:21:51 PDT 2010

Hello,

Yesterday I downloaded p4 and p4d (Linux kernel 2.6 for 32-bit Intel (x86)) for my CentOS 5.5 w/ CPanel/WHM i686 machine.  As root I ran chmod +x on both files, put them in /bin, typed p4d and got "Segmentation Fault."  Ran p4 and also got "Segmentation Fault."

I saw another post to this mailing list that suggested libsafe may be at fault, but as far as I can tell I do not have libsafe installed here.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Japhet