[p4] Changing file case in perforce, using a windows server

Robert Cowham robert at vizim.com
Thu Aug 12 14:24:47 PDT 2010

I did this for a client - they had many tens of thousands of files in the
main branch, and many branches - anything involving deletes and re-adds was
a non-starter.

The approach was to create a dummy changelist on the files needing
re-casing, and then to change the journal records so that particular entries
had their case fixed (and change entries to start with @rv at . We then
replayed the new journal into the server and all was well :)