[p4] Requirement Management tools that work well with Perforce

Lee Marzke lee at marzke.net
Fri Aug 13 19:05:36 PDT 2010

On 08/13/2010 10:09 AM, todd.benham at kodak.com wrote:
> Does anyone have links or experience with requirements management tools
> that work well with Perforce?
>
> We are familiar with RequisitePro and Doors but version control is limited
> in these.
> Cloud computing is not on the table either - we would need something where
> the data is stored on our servers.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Todd
> _______

I've used both RequisitePro ( based on Word Docs) ,   and  DOORS ( based
on a web interface
to a database but you can generate reports in pseudo-document format )
in safety-critical
avionics software shops.     Neither tool addressed the problem very
well,  and some of these
shops had written their own custom RM tools in-house.

If you think about it,  the Requirements should be stored in a text
format ( e.g. HTML / XML ) so
that you can branch/merge them in Perforce.      If this is acceptable,
you can likely put together
a system with some programming and open-source tools.    I've worked on
several of these systems
in the past but none of them are public domain.        Contact me
off-list if you have more questions.

Lee

http://marzke.net/lee/