[p4] Explain this interchanges dilema?

Gabor Maghera gmaghera at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 13:53:12 PDT 2010

p4 interchanges is an officially unsupported feature for this very reason.
 The integ command works at the file level, whereas interchanges (by
default) works with changelists.  That leaves the interesting, but difficult
to solve, question on how to report changelists which have had a subset of
their files integrated (while keeping the command and its output easy to
read).  Hopefully once we get the streams feature we got teased with at the
2009 user conference, this will be addressed as well.

Cheers,
Gabor