[p4] Renaming oddity

Paul-Marc Bougharios paulmarc.bougharios at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 05:17:21 PDT 2010

Dear Robert,

It's actually how your platform with Perforce works: you have a Windows
server and Linux clients, so you have a potential problem.
More on this can be found in
http://kb.perforce.com/article/3/case-sensitivity

The only way out of this mess is in my opinion to branch out your path,
revision-by-revision, to a -yet- new one, with no change in case.
Or, if you can, it would be much better to migrate your server to Linux.

Take care,
Paul-Marc Bougharios, Engr
http://www.paulmarc.org/

May God Be With You

P.S.: Why would you have a Windows server, in the first place ;-)?