[p4] How to import personal p4 repo into main p4 repo

Matt Janulewicz matt.janulewicz at lucasfilm.com
Thu Aug 19 10:40:59 PDT 2010

For the present situation I'd think about using a remote depot to
connect to the remote user's server and integrating the changes into yours.

For the future I'd consider using a late version of P4 and P4V (if
you're both not already), have the remote user connect directly to your
server and use the 'take workspace offline' feature. This basically
spins a local server for the remote user where they can do what they
want then reconcile the changes later, all while working disconnected
from your network.

There is no easy/practical/safe way to merge together two p4 databases.

-Matt Janulewicz
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd.