[p4] need newbie help for "file(s) not on client"

Matt Janulewicz matt.janulewicz at lucasfilm.com
Fri Aug 27 18:14:27 PDT 2010

Two things come immediately to mind:

1. 'ddupint.c' is ambiguous unless you are set in the directory that
contains it.
2. A workspace doesn't care how you connect to it, all ui's will work
the same. I suspect you don't have your commandline settings set. Type
'p4 set' to see what they are. At minimum you'll need to set P4CLIENT,
P4USER and P4PORT. This section of the user manual is handy as there are
several ways to set these:
http://www.perforce.com/perforce/r10.1/manuals/p4guide/02_config.html#1069873

-Matt Janulewicz
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd.