[p4] Taking work offline from P4 cli?

Robert Cowham robert at vizim.com
Tue Aug 31 05:56:59 PDT 2010

There are various ways you can view this, but all the actions done by P4V
*could* be done using the CLI - it's just that there are lots and lots of
individual CLI commands in this case to "take a workspace offline".

So in theory it's all perfectly doable, but in practice rather tricky - an
exercise for the (very) advanced reader perhaps...

Mind you there are other "grey areas" - how does one effectively reproduce
"Revision Graph" via the CLI?!

Robert (playing devil's advocate...)