[p4] P4Web: "Unable to read file" on local disk

xplod perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Wed Jul 3 11:05:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'xplod'.

In perforce, I created a separate user, who owns a workspace on the server
machine. In Linux, I created a user (with an other user name than the perforce
user) who executes the p4 sync command hourly.

In p4web, I can execute "open for edit", so that the local file gets
the +w flag, so access to the filesystem seems to work. I just cannot open the
now writeable file...

Best regards, Dirk

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2628-p4web-unable-to-read-file-on-local-disk