[p4] P4Web: "Unable to read file" on local disk

xplod perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Wed Jul 3 22:30:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'xplod'.

[http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=10370]
P4Matt, on 2013/07/03 18:19:39 UTC, said:
>    Sorry for the simple questions, but I just want to make sure I fully understand the environment. Correct me if I'm wrong:
>
>   The server and p4web are on the same machine.
>   A workspace that is setup for P4WEb to control is also on that same machine.
>     Correct.

[http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=10370]
P4Matt, on 2013/07/03 18:19:39 UTC, said:
>    You check out that file using 'p4 edit' from P4Web.
>     I don't know it if's "p4 edit", but I select a file and choose "open for edit in default changelist"

[http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=10370]
P4Matt, on 2013/07/03 18:19:39 UTC, said:
>    Then you edit the file in your local sandbox. Is that on the same Linux machine, or a different machine?
>     It's still on the same machine. I can use an sftp client to connect to my server, edit the file, and submit the changes. But I can't simply click on the file link in p4web to edit the sandbox file in the web editor.

I'll try to attach the p4web page's content after the open for edit
command:
Open for Edit Status:

//depot/Android/Media Renamer/src/xplod/xmediarenamer/SimpleDateHelper.java
Type:

ktext

Client:

//(client)/Android/Media Renamer/src/xplod/xmediarenamer/SimpleDateHelper.java

Head rev size:

4.02 KB
Have:

Workspace:
/srv/sftp/perforce/Android/Media
Renamer/src/xplod/xmediarenamer/SimpleDateHelper.java
Head:

opened for edit Default

Command:

edit //depot/Android/Media Renamer/src/xplod/xmediarenamer/SimpleDateHelper.java

Result:

//depot/Android/Media Renamer/src/xplod/xmediarenamer/SimpleDateHelper.java#1 -
currently opened for edit

The problem is the damaged link in the workspace line.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2628-p4web-unable-to-read-file-on-local-disk