[p4] Problems with 'Reconcile Offline Work' (Mac)

bvanderw perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Fri Jul 5 10:35:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'bvanderw'.

I am having a couple of problems with 'Reconile Offline Work' in P4V
(2013.2) under OSX.

1) Framework bundles often have a number of symbolic links that point to other
files within the Framework bundle. It appears that P4V follows the symbolic
links and shows those files as 'Local files not in depot'. Can this
behavior  be changed?

2) In the Filters, a Folder path can either be included or not included. This
appears to require a full path name and any kind of wildcard notation does not
work. I would really like to be able to filter folders recursively (this would
be one solution to #1).

For example, AppCode adds a '.idea' folder to the project folder. I
would really like to be able to do something like this:

/Users/<user>/<project>/.idea/...

Better yet....

.idea/...

I tried messing around with .p4ignore files, but they don't seem to make a
difference in P4V (at least in this particular dialog).

Thanks....

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2636-problems-with-reconcile-offline-work-mac