[p4] Problems with 'Reconcile Offline Work' (Mac)

P4Matt perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Fri Jul 5 11:00:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'P4Matt'.

Getting the ignore files to work on the Mac takes a bit of work; OS X apps
can't take advantage of variables set in the bash shell, but you can set
environment variables that they can read. In OS X 10.7 and below you can put
environment variables in ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist and they will be accessible
to GUI applications. With 10.8 you need to use launchctl instead.

Here are the details:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/135688/setting-environment-variables-in-os-x/3756686#3756686

On point 1) I don't know of anyway to configure that behavior currently. Can
you try 'p4 reconcile' from the command line and see if the behavior is
the same? I suspect we'll need a flag to tell reconcile to not follow
symlinks.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2636-problems-with-reconcile-offline-work-mac