[p4] Problems with 'Reconcile Offline Work' (Mac)

bvanderw perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Fri Jul 5 14:05:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'bvanderw'.

Thanks Matt!

As it turns out, the server version is 2011.1, so I can't check p4
reconcile.

Does P4IGNORE also depend on a later server version? I was thinking this was a
client side thing, but I haven't been able to get it to work.

I see that P4IGNORE is set to .p4ignore in the environment.

I have a .p4ignore file inside of the .idea folder with one line: *.* (I've
also tried ./*), but both p4 and P4V will still add any file that is in that
folder.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2636-problems-with-reconcile-offline-work-mac