[p4] My journal file doesn't truncate after a checkpoint

P4Lester perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Sun Jul 7 20:55:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'P4Lester'.

[http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=9930]
Ryan, on 2013/05/15 02:20:06 UTC, said:
>    Thanks for the replies. My journal file is over 4GB! I've been backing up the perforce folder ignorant of the need for checkpoints. Now I'm trying to fix that. So yeah, my journal file is huge. I'll look into upgrading the server.

Simply checkpoint the server again after the upgrade will fix that up. Email
support at perforce if you need more info.

-les

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2536-my-journal-file-doesnt-truncate-after-a-checkpoint