[p4] P4Web: "Unable to read file" on local disk

P4Matt perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Mon Jul 8 17:25:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'P4Matt'.

I've played with this quite a bit, and I have a suspicion there is a
character set issue at play; in all my test environments I can edit similarly
named files easily. What is your default encoding set to in your browser? P4Web
doesn't specify any encoding information in the pages it serves up; I need
to go read up on it, but I think it's serving up UTF-8.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2628-p4web-unable-to-read-file-on-local-disk