[p4] Crash with VS2010 and P4VS 2013.2

LucasM perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Tue Jul 9 23:00:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'LucasM'.

It's kind of random so it's hard tell. It seems to happen most when use
Go To Definition which causes a new tab to open.

One thing that is almost a 100% repro is to use the VAX find references tool
then click one of the results but I'm not sure that is only VAX that's
causing it. It definitely happens less often with VAX off though.

This is a crazy shot in the dark, but is the thread spawned to call
AsyncRefreshNodesGlypsh created as a single threaded apartment? I was under the
impression that the VS service objects were not actually thread safe:
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/479214/Developing-extension-packages-for-Visual-Studio-20
(the "Interacting with DTE2 COM interfaces from within a multithreaded
application" part)

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2638-crash-with-vs2010-and-p4vs-20132