[p4] Move/Rename a file that has already been renamed in IDE
perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Wed Jul 10 08:00:01 PDT 2013
Posted on behalf of forum user 'jswoboda'.
I'm working with an IDE that only natively supports the Add, Edit, and
Revert functions. I got myself into a situation and I know a way to
"brute force" my way out, but I'd like to see if there's a
>From within the development environment I
1. Checked out a file (Finite Calculation.c) for editing.
2. Performed a Save As.. to rename the file on disk as (Infinite
Calculation.c). This action not only saves a copy as "Infinite
Calculation.c" but deletes the original "Finite Calculation.c"
and points all dependent code to the new file name/location.
3. I marked the new file (Infinite Calculation.c) for Add to the
So at this point what I see in the P4V default changelist is:
1. Finite Calculation.c marked for Edit
2. Infinite Calculation.c marked for Add
What I'd like to see happen is the two changelist entries merged into a
single "Rename". Is there a way to do this after the file
has already been renamed in the workspace?
Please click here to see the post in its original format:
More information about the perforce-user