[p4] p4v sync with a GUID?

Domenic perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Fri Jul 12 11:55:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Domenic'.

[http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=10468]
ebernard, on 2013/07/12 15:18:46 UTC, said:
>    p4 sync -f @82AD96D2-9A72-44DF-B743-2B705AAC131A,82AD96D2-9A72-44DF-B743-2B705AAC131A
>   22 files updated
>
>   I also know for a fact that the file was never resolved before the sync.
>   But what kind of sync is this? The only thing that comes to mind is maybe an unshelve op? If so is it possible to retrieve the files that were affected?

Are you using a P4V version that is 2012.1 or later? If so, check out
http://answers.perforce.com/articles/KB_Article/Temporary-labels-like-30D61347-CC3C-4F9A-BFF8-97541B87371B-may-appear-in-P4V-2012-1
for more info about the sync with a GUID.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2655-p4v-sync-with-a-guid