[p4] schedule p4v commands?

P4Matt perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Tue Jul 16 09:15:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'P4Matt'.

p4 is super easy to use. (I think ) Grab the right platform from our downloads
page; if you're on Windows the P4V installer probably already installed p4.
Drop to a command line and run "p4 -p <server name and port>
info" and you should see some output describing your server. From there you
can run 'p4 help simple' to see the basic set of commands. As @tkosinski
pointed out a quick sync -n will do the trick, although I think if I were just
running a keep alive script I'd run 'p4 help'; it has absolutely no
impact on server performance but requires a server connection to work.

Another way to do this would be to open p4v and let it just run and auto refresh
against the server. It poll every 5 minutes by default, so that could keep a
connection alive.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2657-schedule-p4v-commands