[p4] how to make labelsync label deleted files

amolode perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Sat Jul 20 23:50:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'amolode'.

Unfortunately this kind of command does not suit because it labels the #head
revision at the depot, whereas we need to label the #have versions which have
been compiled and tested. The same command p4 tag -l tets_label
//depot/...#have  somehow does not labels deleted files (at least at
my try). To issue the suggested command with a temporary label before we are
starting to build and after the successful testing apply a permanent one is the
same bother as to remember the latest changelist.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2660-how-to-make-labelsync-label-deleted-files