[p4] p4merge doesn't save its window position

Tom Seddon perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Mon Jul 22 03:50:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Tom Seddon'.

p4v saves its settings for me.

One thing I found is that if I make a c:\Users\tom\.p4merge folder, and copy
somebody else's ApplicationSettings.xml into it, I do get those settings
loaded. After playing around with a text editor I've managed to get the font
I want, and (probably by accident) the window appears somewhere reasonable too.

According to Process Monitor, p4merge never seems to ever try to save any
changes...

--Tom

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2659-p4merge-doesnt-save-its-window-position