[p4] how to make labelsync label deleted files

amolode perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Tue Jul 23 02:30:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'amolode'.

Our problem is not syncing but integrating. When I labelsync the client
workspace in which deletions occurred and try to integrate from this label to
another branch, the deletions are not executed in the target branch. No changes
to any specs are made during the process. Can you just perform the following
test and let me know if you succeeded. Create a branch test-dev with a few files
and a workspace with mapping to the branch files. Integrate it (head) to the new
branch test-int. Delete some file(s) in the original workspace (p4 delete and p4
commit) for the test-dev branch, create TEST_LABEL label spec and make p4
labelsync -l TEST_LABEL in the source workspace. Again integrate test-dev to
test-int, this time from TEST_LABEL. Please let me know if the deletion was
performed in test-int branch as a result of the integration. In my case, no
integration was performed at all, as Perforce considered that everything has
been already integrated and no files were deleted in the test-int
branch.  And this is a problem with our process, since it takes time
from the build's start till the successful tests and we do not want to
retain the latest changelist number included in the build.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2660-how-to-make-labelsync-label-deleted-files