[p4] Pending Changelist Size

Michael Mirman Michael.Mirman at mathworks.com
Wed Jul 24 04:47:36 PDT 2013

If the "data size" means to be a sum of the length of each of the files in a pending change, this can be done only on the client side - server doesn't kjnow any specifics about pending files (except that they are in a pending change).
Therefore, in Unix I could do something like this:

-> du -sk `p4 opened | awk -F# '{print $1}' | p4 -x - where | awk '{print $3}'` | awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}'
19

:-)

--Michael Mirman
508-647-7555