[p4] P4VS

shalliday perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Wed May 1 10:05:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'shalliday'.

I think I found the source of the slow down for us....
A dialog popped up showing the fstat command it was doing, I copy and pasted the
contents of the command and it is 1.2MB of local paths!

We have a similar tool what uses P4.NET and we deal with over 100,000 files -
this is not the way to communicate fstat info with the server.  I
would be happy to be able to configure it and list the root paths I want it to
consider.  Then it can just do path/...

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/1923-p4vs